Marmalade Crumb Squares
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup Caracara Orange Marmalade
Printer Friendly Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream coconut oil and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined, the dough will be crumbly. Stir in the sliced almonds.
- Stir the Marmalade to loosen it up. Gently press half of dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Evenly spread Marmalade over dough. Sprinkle remaining dough over the top, making sure you cover the entire bars. Press gently to form the top layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool completely and cut into squares.